Friday, September 20, 2013


School is back in session. The summer flew by, as I knew it would. This year I have a high schooler, a middle schooler and an elementary schooler. First morning, everyone made it out the door on time and (thankfully) made it to their destination.


I looked at Joshua that morning and just couldn't believe my first born was starting his first day of high school. The past 14+ years have gone by so quickly with him. I feel so blessed to have such a nice, mature, caring child. Joshua is every parents dream child. Each year I wait for the ball to drop and the teenage hormones to take over. So far, aside from a little back talk, he's a great kid.

It's hard as a parent to know when to allow them more freedom and decision making of their own. I want to baby him and keep him safely tucked at home for as long as I can. But I also want him to learn to make good choices and be responsible. I think high school is going to be a big learning curve for me and I'm hoping that he continues on the good path that he has been on.

In the mornings he gets picked up from a senior (female). The "being responsible" began before he even got to school. I have to trust that this car-full of high schoolers will make it to school safely and on time. I think the whole high school thing would have been easier if he rode a bus. Going in a car with another student makes him seem so much older. But as he walked out the door he turned, looked at me and said Good Bye Mom. God how I love that kid.

Here's to another good school year with my fabulous 3 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment