Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gentle Reminders

Last week was my 44th Birthday. During the past week I have gotten some gentle reminders about my age!

JUMP
Autumn was given a little excercise trampouline. I was in the family room watching her jump away and having just a great time. I wouldn't help but think how much fun it looked. I went on Youtube and found some fun excercises to do on it. When she wore herself out I asked if I could give it a try. She enthusiastically told me I could. I got on, jumped 2 times and ran to the bathroom. I felt like my bladder was going to pop right out! Seriously? What was THAT all about? After my bathroom visit my jumping was much better. Note to self: empty bladder before jumping.

KID ROCK
I was lucky enough to be able to go to a Kid Rock concert the night of my Birthday. This is the 2nd time I've seen him right on the day. As usual, he did not disappoint. My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, which would have been perfect as I don't have to work until  noon on Thursdays. But this particular Thursday I had to have Joshua at the high school by 8:45 for registration. I certainly couldn't go to that looking like I just crawled out of bed. So I had to get up early enough to make myself presentable. After being out late, dancing my butt off a the concert, getting up early, working in the afternoon, I came home exhausted. I had to take a nap before bed! Note to self: you're getting too old to go to week day concerts.

BUMP
On the way home from picking my kids up in Canton I had the pleasure of having Zachary sit in the passenger seat on the way home. When Zachary is riding shotgun it means that he is in control of the radio. We've grown used to his music and the volume which he listens to it. We were at a stop light, windows down (in my rockin' mini van) and a song comes on. He instantly informs us all that it's "his jam" and turns the radio up as loud as it will go. I'm slightly horrified. First of all, I'm 44 years old, Second, I'm driving a mini van, Third, his music is NOT the type of music most moms listen to! So I turn it down and tell him it's too loud. He informs me that you have to "bump" to that song. Um...did I mention I'm 44 years old? I don't even know what that means. I didn't want to ask and look like a loser so I'm guessing it has something to do with the bass. Maybe it's the bumping of the bass that you feel in your body when the music that loud. Or maybe it's the bumping in your head afterwards from the headache you get from the loud music! Note to self: google bumping and try to find out what it really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment