Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shopping with Teenagers

I have a fashion-diva son. He only wants name brand clothes and wants to shop in the stinky, dark, loud stores. I have avoided these stores up until recently. We took a trip to the mall and he discovered a great deal on jeans. Only problem was, he is not a childs size anymore and the men's sizes confused him. I had no choice...I had to go in!

Store #1: The music playing was so loud that I couldn't even hear what he was trying to say to me. And I couldn't just follow him to the jeans because it was so freakin' dark I was afraid I would walk into something and could barely see him in front of me. WHY would you make a clothing store so dark??? We got to the jeans and I was a bit confused myself. I found a person who worked there and asked for her assistance. Please note that not only was I confused, but it was so dark that I couldn't actually SEE the tags. She came over and made a comment on how SHE couldn't see the tags either! Really? Maybe they should equip her with a flashlight!

We finally located what we thought was his size and he took off for the changing room. I told him I wanted to see them to make sure they fit correctly. Of course he took off and it was so dark I didn't see where he went and the changing rooms are hidden throughout the store! I was pretty sure at this point that this would be my LAST visit to this store. I finally found him. Jeans fit. We made our purchase and we were out of there.

Now my eyes are burning and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need an inhaler soon. Do they pump stinky scent into the vents in those places? You can seriously smell these stores from 3 stores away.

I thought we were done. He knew what size he was, now he could either go by himself or order online.

No such luck. He wanted to visit the "other" stinky, dark and loud store. Repeat of above, minus the sales lady because we now knew what size to get.

I was never so happy to get outside to fresh air in my life. I was miserable, my other 2 kids were miserable, and Zachary was the happiest kid in the world. So maybe (just maybe) it was worth it...but I'm thinking not.

No comments:

Post a Comment