Thursday, June 13, 2013

I love summer!!!

It may not officially be summer by the calendar, but in Mommy-World the second school is out for Summer break, the season begins.

This also means, for me, that I am officially a mom of a high schooler! I'm not sure how that happened. When and how did I get old enough for that? It seems like yesterday he was in preschool and I was crying my eyes out in the parking lot. He's already a great, independent kid, but I know high school will bring more independence and more changes. I want to say I'm ready for them, but I'm not sure. These next 4 years are going to fly by and before I know it my first born will be an adult.

This also means, for me, that I will have a child in each school this next school year. Autumn in 3rd grade elementary, Zachary in 8th grade middle school, and Josh (sniff, sniff) in 9th grade high school! If I feel old today I can only image what September is going to bring when I can't remember who needs to be where and when! So maybe that independent high schooler won't be so bad! I may have to make him into my assistant to help keep everything straight!

Our first full day of summer break is today. I don't have to work until noon. Autumn came in and asked if she could crawl into bed with me this morning. I had no idea what time it was. 9:30! I can't remember the last time I slept that late. I love summer! Zachary and his 2 friends (one of which is planning on just moving in until September) got up at 10:00ish. Joshua is still in bed. Did I mention that I love summer?

Looking forward to these lazy mornings, of which I can participate 4 days a week!!! Looking forward to my Monday's off work, on which my BFF has promised to keep open so we can hang out!!! Looking forward to NOT packing lunches every day!!! Looking forward to eating dinner on the deck under my new umbrella!!! Looking forward to the beach and lake!!! Looking forward to spending quality time with my kids.

I love summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment