Thursday, May 23, 2013

73 cents

I think most adults have a morning routine and one thing that get's them going every morning. My guess is for most it is a cup of coffee. Others may enjoy a cup of tea. For me it's my 73 cent Big Gulp!
I work 6 miles away from home. And can go to one of three 7-Eleven's on my way to work! My experience has shown that not all 7-Eleven's are created equally. My favorite was owned by a guy that I had actually met through a room mate in my younger years. This one was always clean, well, stocked, the people who worked there were so friendly and they became friends. Last year that location was sold. The new owner...not so friendly. The staff now changes as often as a normal person changes their underwear. No new friends were to be made there. AND they got rid of Coke Zero in the self-serve pop machine.

I had to find a new favorite 7-Eleven. The next one I went to, I quickly discovered was owned by the new owner of my previous favorite. Darn it. BUT they had Coke Zero in their machine so this is where I started to go.

One day I took a different route to work, stopped at yet another 7-Eleven. This one was SO clean, so well organized, super nice people...but no Coke Zero! I suffered through a diet dr pepper that day. Back to the other location it is.

I don't know what it is about fountain pop that is so appealing. I've tried buying 2-liters and taking my own cup of pop instead of stopping. It's more cost effective that way, but it's just not the same. Not only do I think I'm worth 73 cents a day, it's worth the price to lift my spirits and start my day on a happy note. Maybe it's because everything else in my world revolves around others. This Big Gulp each day is just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment