Sunday, May 19, 2013

I'll be in my corner

When the kids were little, the boys shared a room, Autumn had the small room and the "extra" room was where the computer, my scrapbooking supplies and misc stuff was. When the boys were in 3rd and 4th grade (if I remember correctly), they decided they didn't like each other anymore and didn't want to share a room. There went the extra storage space.

Our house is small and I utilize every space available. After thinking it through the only area that had some extra space was the family room. The plan was to build a partial wall and have my area be against the full wall on the end. We moved the furniture around and were happy with the "wall" that the entertainment center built. So I moved in.

This became my corner. I laugh when friends of my kids come over and ask where I am and they reply "She's in her corner". It's actually worked out great. I'm still in the family room, you just can't see me. I have my own space but am not completely away from everything and everyone. And it can be (as always is) as messy as I want, because unless you turn the corner and peek in, you cannot see the mess!

 
I have spent many hours in this corner. Scrapbooking, cardmaking, making gifts, prepping for gatherings & workshops and getting ready for my Stamp-N-Scrap Camp weekends. It may not be the greatest scrapbook area in the world, but it's mine and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment