Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my dads 75th Birthday. I don't think he would mind me sharing his age with the world. At 75 he is more active than me!


My dad provided such a wonderful, caring, secure and loving childhood for me and my brothers. We all were definately a family unit. He was my inspiration for how I wanted my own family to be one day.

He put up with me through my horrible teenage years (and when I say they were horrible, I am not exaggerating in the least). He taught me how to drive, he helped me with the first car I purchased, he helped me move out and move back a couple times, he walked me down the isle when I got married. He was at the hospital when all 3 of my kids were born. He is always there for a shoulder to cry on and to offer support. He is my rock. I appreciate him every single day.

He is the best Dad anyone could ask for. And he's the best Grandpa I could have hoped for for my kids. He loves them with all his heart. He is also there for them for everything and enjoys every single minute with them. He spoils them in ways I can't and I let him. That is what makes him happy and when he is happy, I am happy.

My brother and I are having a birthday party for him on Sunday. I can't wait to celebrate and tell him again how much he means to me and give him the best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment