Saturday, May 25, 2013

So much for that plan!

The kids have a 4-day weekend this weekend. Earlier in the week we formulated our plan. Friday morning we would pack up the car, they would go to my parents for the day, I would go to work. After work I would go to my parents house, we'd all go out to dinner than the kids and I would head to "the farm" for some turkey hunting and fishing.

We came up with this plan because Joshua has been anxious to get there and do some hunting. The farm (as we call it) is his favorite place to be. Zachary had plans with friends but wanted to go to the farm for a day also. So we were to go Friday night, Todd would get there Saturday night after work than Zachary, Autumn and I would head back home. Todd and Josh would stay until Monday evening. A plan to make everyone happy.

Everything went as scheduled until we left my parents house. Joshua wanted to stop by Dunhams real quick before we hit the road. I turned into the parking lot, my van made a horrible noise and my power steering went out! Since we were so close to my parents house, I called my dad first...no answer. Than I called my brother...no answer. So Todd came to rescue us. We took the van back to my parents house, loaded up all our stuff in our truck and my dads truck and came home.

I need to mention that a couple months ago we were at Dick's Sporting Goods and the van battery died! What is it with sporting good stores and my van? I told the kids this was the last time I was taking them to a place like that. I'm not going to take my chances for that 3rd strike!

So this morning instead of turkey hunting, fishing and enjoying the beautiful property of the farm...we cleaned the house and I made dinner for my brother who fixed the van for me. Not very exciting and certainly not what we had planned. But that seems to be the way we roll in this house.

Joshua is on his way to the farm now. I know he was disappointed last night but I'm glad he still got to go. I'm even hoping he get's a turkey, but only because it will make him happy.

Hoping for no more unexpected surprises this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment