Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Optical Illusion

Somehow this city girl ended up with boys who are anything but city! They fish, they hunt, they ride 4-wheelers, they go knee-boarding before the middle of May. They hang out on the roof, they love a good bonfire. They are in the house only if the weather is too crappy to be outside.

They do have videos games, computers, iphones and all those fun gadgets, but given the choice, they prefer to be outdoors.

The other day Joshua showed me this picture:
Dear God, I thought. He calmly said "Don't worry mom, it's an optical illusion." Looks to me like 6 feet off the ground! I'm not sure I needed to see this picture.
 
This winter he completed his boaters safety, so now he can legally drive the boat. This should open up a lot of fun for him (and anxiety for me) this summer. He couldn't wait to get out and experience being the captian of the ship (well, fishing boat).
 
Last Saturday was chilly and cloudy, but that didn't stop him. He loaded up his brother and 2 friends. They were geared in wetsuits and ready for adventure. They spent a good couple hours on the lake knee boarding. I thought they were crazy, but they couldn't have been happier.

 

I've learned to be a little less city because of these boys.

Not too long ago, my daughter said to me "Mom, I think I'm a tomboy because the boys are rednecks!" That about sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment